In the twenty-first century, nonprofits are constantly challenged to effectively adapt to ever changing internal and external factors that impact their sustainability. Many organizations rely on their leadership as the catalyst force for change and adaptation in order to remain relevant, present, and valuable. The Fieldstone Leadership Network Orange County offers nonprofit leaders Crossroads and Turning Points – a program designed to offer timely, cutting-edge research, and information tools on relevant issues facing the social sector.
Past topics have included:
- Cultivating the Bench Strength of Your Development Team
- Lobbying and Advocacy for Nonprofits – Legal and Practical Strategies for Advancing our Work
- Navigating Difficult Conversations: A Workshop from Public Conversations Project
- The Art of Listening
- The Essentials of Strength Based Leadership
- Sharpening Your Nonprofit Business Model
- Overcoming Barriers to Change: A Workshop on Personal and Organizational Growth
- Gender Norms: A Key to Improving Outcomes among Youth of Color
- Creating Openness and Transparency: The Role of Respectful Criticism as Both Giver and Receiver
- Spark Magic in your Team, Brand and Cause!
- Highly Engaged Boards
- Uncovering “Superpowers” Using Strengths Based Leadership
- Story Vision
- Meet Your Saboteur: Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
- Cyber Security – presented by First Republic Bank
- Building Your Dream Board
- Good Governance CAN Make Your Job Easier!
Uncovering “Superpowers” Using Strengths Based Leadership
Thursday, June 2, 2022, 8:30am to 11:30pm
Be Well Orange County
265 S. Anita Drive, Orange, CA 92868
For decades, the Gallup StrengthsFinder assessment has helped people excel. More than 10 million people have realized the benefits of leading with their strengths. Strengths are the unique combination of talents, knowledge, and skills that every person possesses. People use these innate traits and abilities in their daily lives to complete their work, relate with others, and to achieve their goals. But most people don’t know what their strengths are or have the opportunity to use them to their advantage.
People who focus on their strengths every day are six times as likely to be engaged in their jobs. Teams that focus on their strengths are 12.5% more productive. And they are more than three times as likely to say they have an excellent quality of life.
Utilizing a fun, hands-on, and shared-learning approach, all workshop participants learn with the other group members. You will also explore how StrengthsFinder will maximize the efficiency of your board and staff.
What you will learn:
- Your “Top-5” strengths and how you are uniquely wired
- How to leverage the strengths of your team and board
- How to identify gaps in your talent pool that could benefit future expansion
- Why focusing on strengths improves engagement and donor retention
- How to initiate, support, and sustain a strengths-based culture in your nonprofit
Each participant in this workshop will be required to complete a Gallup StrengthsFinder assessment prior to the training, which is included in the $75 registration fee. This allows for maximum participation and learning for each attendee. The code to complete the assessment will be provided after registration.
A continental breakfast and time for networking will be from 8:30am to 9:00am, and as an added bonus…a 30-minute tour of Be Well OC will be available to all attendees following the workshop.
Back by popular demand: Marty Dutch, VP, Director, Philanthropy Services, First Foundation Bank
Ms. Dutch serves as VP, Director for First Foundation’s consulting group. Launched in 2013, Ms. Dutch led First Foundation’s first corporate social responsibility initiative. “Supporting Our Communities” provides pro-bono consulting for 160+ nonprofit organizations to date, strengthening boards, building capacity, and creating sustainability. Ms. Dutch is an active member of Orange County’s philanthropic community. She is a founding board member of Orangewood PALS, an auxiliary of Orangewood Children’s Foundation and serves on the Board for the Anaheim Family YMCA, Safe Families Board for Olive Crest, The Actor’s Fund Western Council and advisory board for Child Creativity Lab and Monkey Business Cafe. Ms. Dutch received a BA in Speech Communications from San Diego State University and is a Certified Gallup Strengths Coach.
Space is limited!
Deadline to register is Tuesday, May 24, 2022. The code to complete the online assessment will be emailed to you by Wednesday, May 25, 2022.
You will need to have the assessment completed by Monday, May 30, 2022.
If you have any questions, please call Robin Stropko at (949) 759-5828 or e-mail at [email protected]
We encourage you to invite your entire team and/or Board Members.